- Si puedo gastar dinero en un gusto propio (como comprar un nuevo televisor, nueva ropa, un videojuego, un auto, etc.) también tengo la capacidad de ahorrar dinero para un bien futuro (un seguro, un fondo, en mi salud, en mi enriquecimiento cultural, etc.)
Every day of our daily lives we have to make decisions, many are planned and many more are taken at the moment. All of them define of our lifestyle and summary our activities.
In my opinion all these decisions must be balanced to have a stable life. I will exemplify:
One normal day I decide to indulge myself and eat at a fast food restaurant, order the biggest hamburger, fries, soda and even an ice cream.
This food makes me good for my happiness because I wanted to eat.
But if I know that that afternoon I consumed food that in the long run generate a damage to my health I must balance this decision with another that countered my previous decision, that is to say:
- Do not dine heavy at night.
- Exercise or go to the gym.
- Try to eat healthy more often.
Now, we may differ in question from this idea, but the point is:
Each decision corresponds to a personal balance of any kind, and we can find stability in all of them:
- If I watch TV for 1 hour I can also read a book for an hour
- If I spend 1 hour to see friends also I can spend 1 hour with my family.
- If I have an "X" hours work I have to balance my rest in a way that compensates those same hours.
- If I can spend money on things that I like (like buying a new TV, a new clothes, a video game, a car, etc.) I also have the ability to save money for a future good (like an insurance, a fund, In my cultural enrichment, etc.)
From here we can derive many options and each one of us has the power to decide the weights of the scales, also should not be 100% restrictive, it may change with our needs but not forget that it has its proper purpose in our welfare.